Friday 14 September 2012

kelly rutherford custody battle

Leave a Comment Follow us on twitter
Kelly Rutherford breaks down over custody battle with French ex-husband: 'He could disappear tomorrow and I'd have no way to look' A judge gave full custody of the two children to ex Daniel Giersch, a French citizen, and the actress is now consulting famed lawyer Alan Dershowitz.A teary eyed Kelly Rutherford of Gossip Girl fame breaks down during an interview on ABC's “The View,” where she discussed her divorce and custody of her two childrenEver-poised Kelly Rutherford couldn't help getting emotional while talking about her ongoing custody battle with ex-husband Daniel Giersch on "The View" Thursday.

The mother of two, 43, didn't bother to fight back her tears anymore as she spoke out about her concerns for her young children, ages 3 and 5, who are currently residing with their father in his native France.

"He could disappear tomorrow and I'd have no way to look," she said of her ex, a non-U.S. citizen. "My biggest fear is that I wouldn't know where they are."

Rutherford and Giersch divorced in 2010 after four years of marriage, and have been involved in a bitter custody battle over their two young children ever since.

On Aug. 28, Judge Theresa Beaudet awarded full custody to Giersch, who promptly moved the children with him over to France.

Further complicating matters, Giersch had his visa revoked earlier this year and can now no longer enter the U.S.
"It's just been crazy," Rutherford told the show's hosts of her situation. "My little girl said, 'I want to come home, mama, I want to come back to New York.' My son, who's kind of been brainwashed, says where he is is so much better."A teary eyed Kelly Rutherford of Gossip Girl says, ‘My little girl said, 'I want to come home, mama, I want to come back to New York.' My son, who's kind of been brainwashed, says where he is is so much better.’ (ABC)

ABC News reports that the actress is currently consulting with lawyer Alan Dershowitz, who worked as a legal adviser in the Elian Gonzalez case, to get her children — who are both U.S. citizens — back in the States.
During the show, co-host Whoopi Goldberg dashed on set to hand the sobbing actress a box of tissues.

"Great service around here," Rutherford managed to joke.

Rutherford also explained that she is flying to France as often as possible to visit her children, but that she still has to work in order to afford her legal bills.

And though she says that she's not accusing her ex-husband of hurting the children, she does admit that she's worried about their well-being.

"I don't think he would intentionally harm the children ... but I do think the children are at risk because I was the primary caregiver and now I am the visitor," she said.
"I just want them to be okay," the "Gossip Girl" actress added. "They're just little babies. They need a chance to have a consistent life."

0 comments:

Post a Comment