Tuesday 11 September 2012

George Wendt Is Jason Sudeikis’ Uncle

Leave a Comment Follow us on twitter
Jason Sudeikis Has a Famous Uncle, All this week, The Apiary has been running installments of a very long and very interesting interview with SNL's Jason Sudeikis. It's full of cool little tidbits, like the fact that his uncle is George Wendt from Cheers. Part four is up today. Here's a bit about getting bumped by Chris Rock at his 2003 SNL audition:

So, this wasn't announced at all?
No, I mean, it was announced at SNL I'm sure, but no, not at the show
itself, not that I remember. So, I'm fifth out of twelve, I'm right in
the middle. And they're going up there and it sounds like things are
going well. We're not watching each other's things. Then, as I'm
standing out there I see Jeffrey Ross, the stand-up comedian, walk in.
I'm like "Oh no way! How about this!" and then behind him Chris Rock
walks in. I'm thinking, "What is going on? They must be coming in to
see the new talent; they must know what's going on. They're going to
sit here and watch." So then, I'm up next and the emcee says "All right
ladies and gentleman, we have a special guest for you, please welcome
the one, the only… Chris Rock!" So I look at Chris Rock and say "I
was supposed to go next" and he said, "Ohhh, I'm sorry about this. Is
this your big shot?" I say, "Yeah, kind of." He goes "Sorry about that"
and I say, jokingly of course, "That's all right! Set 'em up for me,
Chris!" then he walks on and luckily goes for 10-15 minutes. And kills.
They were working on material for the MTV Video Awards, or whatever he
was hosting that year. He was just sort of riffing about things, like
"What do you want to hear about? Kobe?" So he's riffing on that and
then he finishes up, steps off stage and comes by me and says to me,
"They love original thought" that's all he said to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment