Wednesday 12 September 2012

Alec Baldwin Hilaria Thomas

Leave a Comment Follow us on twitter
Hilaria Thomas and Alec Baldwin, Hilaria Lynn Thomas and Alec Baldwin were married Saturday evening by Msgr. George T. Deas at the Basilica of St. Patrick’s Old Cathedral in New York. The bride, 28, is taking her husband’s name. She is an instructor with Yoga Vida, which has two yoga studios in New York. She graduated from New York University. She was raised in Boston and Spain; her parents now reside on Mallorca.

The bridegroom, 54, has performed in numerous films, plays and television shows. He currently is a star of “30 Rock” on NBC and appears in two films, “To Rome With Love” and “Rock of Ages.” He graduated from N.Y.U. and studied at the Lee Strasberg Theater and Film Institute. His first marriage, to the actress Kim Basinger, ended in divorce. He is a son of Carol Martineau Baldwin of Syracuse and the late Alexander R. Baldwin Jr.

Ms. Thomas and Mr. Baldwin met in February 2011, at Pure Food and Wine, a restaurant in New York. “I was standing near the door with my friends when he walked up and took my hand and said, ‘I must know you,’ ” Ms. Thomas said.

“You must know me?’ ” she replied, after which she said they stood chatting. “And then he gave me his card.”

Mr. Baldwin, who readily confessed that his opening line “was none too clever,” recalled how he had noticed Ms. Thomas with friends at the restaurant and felt compelled to introduce himself. Confirming that he had handed her his phone number, Mr. Baldwin said, “I never ask women for their phone numbers.”

Back in her Manhattan apartment, she engaged in some hand-wringing. “I really didn’t know if I should call him,” she said, but a friend encouraged her to.

Even then Ms. Thomas couldn’t bring herself to do it. “So my friend dialed the number, but he didn’t pick up,” she said. “And when he called back, I missed the call.”

She later noticed that Mr. Baldwin had left a message, at which point, Ms. Thomas said, she handed the phone to her assistant at the yoga studio and said, “I can’t listen to it.”

Her assistant certainly could, and handed the phone back to Ms. Thomas. “She said to me: ‘He just wants to talk. I don’t know what the big deal is.’ ”

Ms. Thomas and Mr. Baldwin had their first date a few days later, at a theater district restaurant that included other friends and a large measure of caution. In fact, Ms. Thomas, who says she has never owned a television, said she was initially more focused on their age difference than on Mr. Baldwin’s screen persona.

At the end of the evening, “he shook my hand,” she said. “He told me he really wanted to get to know me.”

“I saw right away that she was very dedicated,” Mr. Baldwin said. “She’s the yoga queen of the Village.”

Given that Mr. Baldwin has been single since his 2002 divorce, his journey from restaurant run-in with Ms. Thomas to committed couple was surprisingly short.

“I’ve dated a lot of people since my divorce, and have thought a lot about what I wanted and what I wanted to do,” Mr. Baldwin said. “I thought about it too much, I suppose. I wasn’t really ready to take that chance and to act until I met Hilaria.”

For one, Mr. Baldwin said, “I was ready.” For another, “While she was in no hurry, she was very mature and clear about what she wanted — to be married someday.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment